Wednesday 12 January 2011

Yoga and me - part 1

I don't know about you but I thought yoga was about Lycra, ladies of a certain age ala Felicity Kendal , very middle class and something for skinny minnys with too much time and not enough gin.

How wrong was I! My first class at Bridge Cottage was a scream, there were only 5 of us, all 'damaged goods' in one way or another and I couldn't do any of the moves without laughing out loud , and I mean really out loud. It was like the floor bits of an 80s aerobics class , you didn't know just how much it would hurt until the following day.

What I really didn't expect was that after the stretching etc we would just lie there whilst Mary talked to us about various aspects of life .....that was it ! I found myself lying on the floor in a room of strangers blubbing like a baby. Apparently this is very natural if you're doing it right , the body relaxes to the point of release and anything can happen. Can't see Bannatynes or David Lloyds taking it to that extreme.

This was the best £5 and hour and a half I had ever spent. I went home and slept like a baby only to wake up with a yoga hangover and wondering whether I was emotionally able or ready to go back the next week.

Oh , and yes , today I will do day 1 of week 2 of my training plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment