Friday 7 January 2011

2 sessions and a Zumba hangover

What a week! No yoga on Tuesday as Mad Mary is not back from Christmas so I haven't managed to share my plans with her . I'm expecting a wry smile and another 'you should really come on retreat you know'. I just may do that but don't tell het!

Did my first training session - brisk walk for 20 mins which I ended with a cuppa with Rosie. No problem there.

Last night was Zumba and I loved it. What I didn't like was the very sluggish feeling I have today , it's like a hangover without any booze. Hubby feels very slow so we think it may be the last dregs of the Malarone.

I haven't let it put me off , I went to the gym to do session 2. The reason for the gym was just to get the feeling of what running is actually like in a controlled environment. I want to be comfortable that I know what I'm doing before I'm out on my own pounding the pavements. It's like my safety net!

So it's walk for 4 mins run for 1 min and repeat 4 times. Sounds easy! After the first one minute run , which seemed like an eternity , I thought I was going to throw up :( checked the heart rate and it was 156 ..... Oh my god I'm on the verge of dying!

But believe it or not by the time I got to the last minute run I was actually looking forward to it, it went by in a flash.

For those who know about these things and purely to keep a record , ave heart rate 134 , caps 136, distance 1.9k....... Jeez there is a long way to go! Oh well , I never thought it would be easy!

Chin up little Pugh , there's a new training challenge next week......oh and you can reveal all .........

1 comment:

  1. Uber proud of you as always my lovely. Uber proud of your bonkers and lovely self :) B xxx

    ReplyDelete