Tuesday 11 January 2011

And the winner is ..........

Well I've finally announced the charity I will be running for , and it's not one of the big cancer charities................pick yourself up off the floor. It's true in this life you have to pick your battles, I didn't pick breast cancer I just discovered it one day, another thing I discovered back last July was yoga.

Life has many ways of bringing good things into your life but I never imagined a flier through the door would help give my life so much quality. I was just recovering from surgery , thinking of things to occupy my mind and wondering how I was going to cope with the excess of allotment courgettes ,when an unassuming A5 piece of paper fluttered onto the doormat.

Bridge Cottage garden party and open day - all welcome ! I was intrigued by this as Bridge Cottage is only about 400 yards up the road, surrounded by high fences and with a bright yellow sign outside....looked a bit of hippy nonsense to me!

But the sun was out and one resolution I made to myself was that the time off would be put to good use discovering more about where I live. (Thats another story all together!) David and I ambled up the road, went through the gate and it was just like walking into a heavenly glade.

This was my first meeting with the force that is Mary Madhavi.....she has an amazing story to share which I will reveal as we go through, but needless to say she knew my pain, it was like she could see inside my mind and one of the things she said was .....'If you want I can help you, if you dont we can still have some fun........come next Tuesday afternoon and see what we're all about'

Me? Yoga?............but I did like the fun part! So I went......I'm not gonna reveal too much now ....I need you to be on the journey with me to try to understand why I've made my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment