Wednesday 5 January 2011

Go for it!

Today I went to see my wonderful GP to talk about returning to work and my plans for the future.

When I told her about the 1/2 marathon she was over the moon , the best thing for me to do , get on with my life and set a new challenge. The only thing she did say was not to expect her to do it with me! Seriously the endorphins that will be released with the increased exercise will help with the early onset menopause symptoms. After having my hormones stripped drastically from my body I need all the help I can get otherwise I'll be running out of friends PDQ.

Oh and the training started today - 20 minutes brisk walking in the rain x 2. The waterproof hat and gloves are brill and the earflaps cover my earphones so Clare and the community kept me company.

I actually feel like I'm on my way!

1 comment:

  1. From Charlie Drake: That's amazing Maz... how long have you got til the half marathon. Shall I ask Rob if he has any tips? xxx

    ReplyDelete