Wednesday 20 April 2011

Labyrinth ......more like a dead end!

Another milestone in the recovery process was passed this week.....I went to Conference. I'm not very good and mingling with people I didn't want to be with and my tolerance levels are getting less and less as I'm getting older.

This time it was a bit different , I was able to show people face to face that there is life after breast cancer, it's not the same life that I had before ,things will never be the same again and the experience has changed me as a person. It was great seeing people and thanking them for their support , the comments about how great I look are much appreciated but not necessary. I know how amazing I feel so I'm hoping that radiates out too.

The biggest thing was seeing some people who I hadn't seen for possibly 12 months and just how little some things changed.....the small minded petty ones still were , the bigots were still there and inappropriate clothing still seems to be the fashion amongst the orange overweight.

I've done it now - I've hopefully got to the people that matter , I'm not going to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment