Friday 25 March 2011

Zumba,me,Nell and the old people

Firstly I'd like to thank my beautiful daughter Nell Pugh for introducing me to Zumba............I love it!

You've heard me talk about the chavs who think they're chocolate sit down after 5 minutes coz they can't cope, the man who comes with his wife coz I don't think he believed where she was going etc. Well last night was absolutely priceless. It wasn't the little old man (only one in the class) in the front row with the fantastic hip movements (ballroom dancer or gigalo - you decide) that caught my eye but the lady to my right.

They came in 10 minutes late , daughter had obviously dragged her rather old looking mother - think Madge in Benidorm - to this fantastic class she'd found.

Mum was snuggly dressed in a pair of chino's, best M&S jumper and a little pair of sparkly pumps. After 5 minutes Mum threw her hands in the air declaring there was no way she could be doing with it. After a few minutes coaxing (or a crafty fag) she started again , she had no idea what was going on but everytime Nell and I tried to move away so we had some space so we wouldn't clank into her she moved even closer!

She did make it through to the end of the class.....turned round to me and said ' Did you actually like that??? '  All I could manage was a weak smile............I wonder whether she'll be there next week?

I'm looking forward to Dave my Next courier turning up today. I've ordered a pair of jeans a size smaller....just to see :) but I'm not holding out much hope. Still it will give me something to aim for.

Partying this weekend with Gaye and Paul to celebrate his 50th ......that'll be me next year..........yikes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment