Wednesday 2 March 2011

Are we alone???

Went to have my walking gait assessed today so David could fork out on some running shoes.

Only one problem - the scanner wouldn't work properly for me, every time I went to step on the scanner before I got to it a random image would appear on the screen, lots of odd pressure points. I made a joke about about it being my aura before me, and they actually laughed. This went one for about 10 minutes and then they called the podiatrist.

He took pictures of the screen as they had never seen it before , he wanted to send it off to the manufacturer etc. Well I don't know whether it was the combination of me not giving up and the presence of a qualified podiatrist but the the blinking thing started working again.

They could only capture the first walk of my scan as there appeared to be some interference behind me. But from the scans we now know my right foot is sound but my left rolls slightly inward to the middle. Not enough for a 'special insole' but I need moderate support in my trainers.


After trying on loads of different styles I have gone for Asics. Thank you David for a lovely birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment