Wednesday 9 February 2011

Taking advice has never been on of my strong points

Went for my asthma review this week and Anne took one look at my blood count and uttered the immortal words - gosh you must be tired!

Having been told for the last 7 months that the cancer treatment would make me tired I guess I never even noticed, just thought it was normal, turns out that having a blood count of 10 isn't great news! I've started taking feroglobin liquid and mighty gross it is too, so I'm ditching that and concentrating on iron rich foods instead. Can highly recommend curly kale omelette.

Another piece of advice Ann gave me was not to do too much for a week or two ..... At least until the result of my chest X-ray and the next bloods are known. Erm ....... I'm not liking the sound of that so I've made myself a promise, no gym or running this week , just Zumba and walking. It's not sitting well with me but if I don't look after myself I'm not going to be able to do anything!

I've started back at work too , only mornings , but it's a start, and I'm glad I work from home coz my early morning routine is non existent:) it is making me tired so I try and get my feet up for an hour , that's where I am now , in bed on my iPad .

I'm seeing my counsellor this afternoon, I want to talk to him about the way I felt when I had my chest X-ray yesterday . I fair had a wobble , tears the lot, it just brought back to me the weeks of radiotherapy , and of course I am terrified they will find something else.

It's easy for you to say don't worry , but you're not me , you haven't been through it , and until you do you won't know , so don't bother wasting your breath by telling me not to worry or keep my chin up. Keep your thoughts to yourself and get on with your life , there's no need to worry about mine - I have it under control.

Now if I can follow Ann's advice , you can surely follow mine :)

1 comment:

  1. You're doing bloody great girl :) Been through the mill and still turning revolutions. Well proud of you xxx

    ReplyDelete