Saturday 5 February 2011

Anaemic or not I'm going in!

Well it's been a bit of a strange week for me. Popped in to have my pnuemonia jab on Friday and the Nurse said ' the doctor needs to see you about your recent blood test'. I was whisked in there and then 1 - I'm anaemic and 2 - my ESR rate is sky high which means I'm fighting something. No shit - I've had a chest infection for 3 weeks and am fighting the pollen from the hazel trees. So i need to have them done again and go to the hospital for a chest infection.......oh and to top it all as we've not long returned from Zanzibar she's not ruling out Malaria. Yeah whatever!

So today I hauled my tired anaemic arse to the gym, after drinking the vile haemoglobin drink, and just for the record this is what my gym routine looks like ( I sneaked the card out so I got it right ).

5 min warm up on any cardio machine
30 chest flyes on swiss ball 2kg wieghts - dont forget Ive had an op in this area
30 Bosu lunges - to strengthen my ankle muscles
10 back extensions on Swiss ball
30 Lat pull downs 15kg
30 leg presses 50kg
10 calf rasies 50kg
bike quickstart level 5 70rpm for 1 min then 2 mins level 3110 rpm repeat for 10 minutes
Stepper level 6 build up to 10 minutes - yeah like that gonna happen!

Im not finding it easy , I hate the bike but its all designed to help me build stamina in my legs :)

Oh and by the way - we've lost the poly tunnel in the wind. Whooooosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment