Thursday 17 February 2011

One phone call too far

Today I went to Docs for results of chest X-ray - I have pneumonia. What a great result!

During our discussion she said she was still concerned about my blood work , still ESR high, she asked me if I had finished taking the antibiotics - she didn't give me any! Loops , she meant too. She then wondered if I needed a scan ' just in case '. Stop right there!!! I do not have lung cancer!!!!

Just as I was watching Midsomer for the umpteenth time the phone rang , it was the GP. She had been speaking to the cancer people and she want me to to go back and see the Prof! Considering he only gave me the all clear on 12th Jan I bet he was really happy!!!

I'm sure by the time I get the appoint with Prof Barrett Lee I'm sure the antibiotics she eventually gave me would have worked and I will be right as rain.

Oh and by not drinking and following a decent diet and upping exercise I've lost weight this year. About 2 pounds a week which is sensible .......I don't think I'm wasting away due to cancer.

Being very practical about this as the breast cancer didn't reach the lymph nodes I find it highly unlikely thats it's gone walkabout round the rest of my body.

I think if I had a £150k a year salary to protect I'd chuck me over the fence for someone else to deal with too.

I know my body ,this is nothing serious , this is just an infection that's has been mismanaged. That is all. I will survive, I will run the Cardiff 1/2 marathon, I will live my life to the full.

1 comment: