Wednesday 11 May 2011

The worst possible start

Today I woke feeling totally grim after a really bad night....I may aswell have slept in a swimming pool the night sweats were so bad. Not only no sleep, but a pounding headache and what I can only describe as morning sickness. This is just how it felt when I first started taking the tamoxifen so it's obviously that making me grouchy.

Never mind - I lit my aromatherapy candle swigged on the Aspro Clear and managed to get a couple more hours. No journey to Slough for me today - shame as I was looking forward to meeting up with some dear friends.

Oooh - my appointment is through for my annual check up with my surgeon , that means I'll have to book the mammogram soon, cant believe it's been a almost a year since someone muttered those 3 little words ...you have cancer! Oh well one year on and I'm still here to bitch about it, personally I'm in better shape than I have been for a long time.

Talking of shape - this drugs issue has also affected my exercise mojo :( So I'm doing a boot camp 6:30 am every Tuesday for a month. If that doesn't kick start me I have a feeling nothing will.

I'm seeing a GP  for a moan about the drugs on 31st May - soonest I could get in - but in the meantime there is Madrid to look forward to. In the words of Paddy Cunningham ...'visulise yourself on your next holiday ' well Paddy I can and I forsee beer and brandy involved.
Not Madrid , but Barcelona....that'll be the September trip with the boy!

Oh and I won Euromillions last night - a huge £4.30 ! Drinks all round circa 1950!

No comments:

Post a Comment